Friday, October 22, 2010

t(good_idea) = bad_idea?

Sometimes you think something is such a good idea, and think, when you make a product out of this idea, it will be a big hit. (You don't? Well, I do...)

One of them was something like the 3D Timeline, a product of BEEDOCS.



I was thinking "managing my timeline in nice representable 3D form will be great!"
Then I noticed that there is a commercial product out there already, and I tried it.
Well, it was less then what I expected.
Or probably, there needs to be a lot of work, to make it really easy and intuitive to use.

Then I happened to use the MS Project.













Man, it's so much easier and intuitiver to use, and is so much more helpful and useful to me!
Don't really care about 3D representation of my timeline, when it's nice, easy and intuitive to use like this!

So now, after a while of time (with the function of time t(x)), my idea about 3D representation of timeline found out to be, it was not so much a good idea after all, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment